Top Benefits of Setu Bandhasana Yoga (Bridge Pose)
Yoga and a healthy body contribute to developing a healthy mind. It also has many physical and mental benefits. From a young child to old age, anyone can do easy yoga poses comfortably. As long as you keep doing regular yoga, you will continue to get its benefits.
Along with this, it is also a better option for medicines, but if you are on your medicines, then keep taking your dose as directed by your doctor. You can keep yourself healthy by practicing yoga.
In this way, Setu Bandhasana (bridge pose) is also a very beneficial yoga asana. Through this yoga pose, we will let you know that what is Setu Bandhasana, how to do Setu Bandhasana, and what are the health benefits of Setu Bandhasana and the benefits of Setu Bandhasana, and what is the right way to do Setu Bandhasana, so let’s start.
What is Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
Setu Bandhasana is an addition of two words Setu and Bhandha where “Setu” means bridge and “bandha” means to bind. Making Setu Bhandhasana pose, your body describes a bridge view so it is known to be a bridge pose.
Setu Bandhasana is one of the best asanas to give strength and stretch to the body, doing this asana relieves back pain and headache.
Bridge pose also helps to bring harmony to your life. Just as the work of a bridge is to bear the traffic and the pressure on it, similarly this posture also removes and reduces the stress from our body.
The right method to do Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
For doing any asana, you should choose a good place where you feel absolutely comfortable in practicing yoga, making yourself feel comfortable is the initial stage of yoga. Let’s know how to do Setu Bandhasana –
How to do Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
- To do Setu Bandhasana, first of all, lie down on your back by laying a yoga mat.
- Bend your knees.
- Keeping both knees and feet in a straight line, spread both legs keeping a slight gap from each other.
- Keep the hands close to the body and keep the palms of the hands on the ground.
- Breathing slowly, gently lift the lower, middle, and upper parts of your back off the ground.
- Slowly move your shoulders inward.
- Without moving your chin, plant your chest with your chin and support your shoulders, hands, and feet with your weight.
- During this time keep the lower body stable and keep in mind that during this time both thighs will remain together.
- During this time, if you wish, you can lift your upper body by pressing on the ground with your hands. Having trouble so use your hands for good support.
- Exhale, do the asana for 1-2 minutes, then finish the asana.
Some Easy Tip’s For Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
- If you are a beginner in yoga, it will not be easy for you to keep your body in this posture for a long time, so stay in this posture as long as you can. Do not force your body.
- You can help yourself by placing a folded blanket or block under your shoulders.
- If you find it difficult to raise your back, you can put your hands on your back as support. It can also help you maintain the posture for a longer period of time.
- If you keep slipping while doing the posture, try to keep your feet close to a wall. By doing this it will help support your knees and prevent slipping.
Benefits Of Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose):
Many physical and mental problems can be relieved by the benefits of Setu Bandhasana, let us know what are the benefits of Setu Bandhasana-
- It strengthens the muscles of the back.
- It gives a nice stretch to the chest, neck, and spine.
- It helps in removing both belly and body fat.
- It helps in regulating the thyroid gland.
- It also helps reduce stress and depression.
- It improves blood circulation.
- By regular practice of this yoga, also improves digestion.
- The practice of this yoga gives menstruation benefits to women.
- It helps revive the energy of the feet.
- This yoga pose reduces fat from neck muscles.
- It works on the expansion of the lungs by which asthma is cured.
- It calms your brain and central nervous system which helps reduce stress and mild depression.
Precautions while doing Setu Bandhasana
Along with knowing how to do Setu Bandhasana, it is also necessary to know about some precautions related to it, let us know what precaution a person should take while performing this asana-
- It is always good to practice with an empty tummy.
- This yoga should not be practiced when suffering from a back or neck injury.
- Both feet and knees should be parallel.
- Do not perform this posture if the knee is hurt.
- The practice of yoga should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Immediately come out of this posture if you feel some tension while practicing yoga.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join a yoga school in Rishikesh, India.
Hope to know all these benefits you will never have to say that what are the benefits and steps of doing Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose).
You must log in to post a comment.