How to set up the NETGEAR EX6920 using the mywifiext.net or 192.168.1250?
Boost up your existing wireless network range using NETGEAR EX6920 WiFi Extender, but setting it up could be the first thing you gotta deal with. But don’t you worry, I’m here to guide you through this whole process.
NETGEAR EX6920 Setup is an easy process to do if you are following all the instructions mentioned in the user manual book. But if you don’t have it with you anymore, you can follow the instructions mentioned here.
Set up your NETGEAR EX6920 Extender using the WPS Method:
Using the WPS method, for the NETGEAR EX6920 Extender Setup, is quite easy and fast. Just follow the below-listed steps to complete the setup:
• Place your extender near your main router and plug it into the electrical power outlet.
• Now power up your extender by pushing the power on/off button.
• Wait until the power LED light turns solid green.
• Press the WPS button available on your extender and wait for 15 seconds.
• Then press the WPS button available on your main router.
• Give your extender and router some time to get connected.
• Once they are connected, you will see a solid green LED for the WPS on your extender, which means the connection is established successfully.
Fast way to set up your extender, isn’t it? Now it’s time for the next method.
Set up your NETGEAR EX6920 Range Extender using the manual method:
In this method, you need a network device, that you can use to access the extender’s network. You can use, your computer, laptop, smartphone, and anything that has an inbuilt web browser. Follow the steps mentioned below, as we are using here a laptop:
• Make sure that your extender and your main router are in the same room for the setup.
• Connect your extender to the main router using the ethernet cable, make sure that the cable is not damaged and is connected properly.
• Power up your extender, by plugging it into an electric power socket and pushing the power on/off button.
• Wait for the power LED light to turn solid green.
• Power up your laptop and connect it to the Extender’s wireless network name or the SSID. By default the SSID of your extender is NETGEAR_EXT. So, look for it in the WiFi network manager of your laptop. Once located, connect to it.
• Once connected, open up any of your internet web browsers and type www.mywifiext.net or the default IP address 192.168.1.250 in the URL address bar. Then press the enter key from your keyboard.
• It will take you to a NETGEAR Extender Setup page. There you will see an option for “NEW EXTENDER SETUP”, click on that option.
• On the next page, it will scan for all the available networks at your place and populate a list on your screen.
• Select the network name or the SSID that you want to extend.
• On the next screen, it will ask you for the password for the selected SSID. Just enter the password and proceed with the installation.
• Once done, your laptop will disconnect itself from the extender’s network.
• Then you have to go to the WiFi network manager and look for your extender’s network name or SSID. This time it will be “your primary router’s network name or SSID”+”_EXT”, or in other words, it will be the same as your main router’s network name but it will be ending with “_ext”. Once located, connect to it and enter the same password as your main router’s network.
• Once done, you will see a confirmation method on your screen for the setup completion.
So, this is how you can set up your NETGEAR EX6920 Extender without any problem.
You must log in to post a comment.